What is the latest version of IBM Rescue and Recovery with Rapid Restore for Thinkpad T41?The latest version of IBM Rescue and Recovery is 3.0 as base and v3.00.0027 with the latest patch applied. You can download the software and the patch... Read more
Compaq Presario desktop system restore.You can't download Compaq Organize because the application is distributed with your PC. It's installed on your computer or on the Recovery Disks. If you still... Read more
Rescue and Recovery is an essential tool that enables users and administrators to restore backups, access files, diagnose problems, and make Ethernet connections when the Microsoft(R) Windows(R) operating system cannot start or run correctly.
It also enables administrators to deploy critical updates to systems that are corrupted or off the network. In addition, it can automatically apply patches to a system when a restore operation is performed.
The Rescue and Recovery program provides a workspace that runs independently of the Windows operating system. Thus, the Rescue and Recovery workspace enables you to perform rescue and recovery operations that might not be accomplished in the Windows operating system.
The Rescue and Recovery workspace is an operating environment specifically designed for performing rescue and recovery operations that are independent of the Windows operating system.
Some features of the Rescue and Recovery program might vary, depending on the different version you have installed; however, its major features include the following:
- Create backup files to perform full and incremental hard disk drive recovery operations.
Backup files can be stored on your hard disk drive, on recordable CD or DVD media, on a
network drive, or on a USB device.
- Restore individual files from a backup file.
- Restore the hard disk drive to the factory default settings. This operation can be applied to
certain NetVista(R), ThinkCentre, and ThinkPad computers.
- Access the Internet to check e-mails and download files.
- Create a migration file to migrate your settings and data to a new computer.
- Protect the Rescue and Recovery workspace with a password or passphrase.
- Configure your computer to start from an alternate device, such as the backup
CDs created by the Rescue and Recovery program.
- Optimize your backup storage space.
- Latest version of the BIOS
- 1.5 GB of free hard disk drive space (required for installation)
- 512 MB of memory (recommended)
- 8 MB of VRAM (Video Random Access Memory) shared memory set in the BIOS
- Microsoft Windows 7 operating system or its later versions